Saturday 26 November 2011

Monitor Calibration



In order to ensure that my images look correct to clients and also that they print out correctly I have been having to ensure that my monitor is correctly calibrated.  It's amazing how you get used to looking at a monitor and can't see how it goes out of adjustment so I now set a monthly reminder to recalibrate both my main PC and my laptop. When the reminder pops up I just attach the calibration device to the screen and let it run for about 20 minutes and after it's finished I get to view a 'before' and 'after'. Usually the 'before' looks very unsaturated and quite a cool colour and it's strange how you don't tend to notice this when you're working in Photoshop.

Although the Spyder is not cheap (around £100) it ensures that my images are always colour correct.







No comments:

Post a Comment